The Treasure Within (eBook)
An Archetypal Unfolding To Your Infinite Potential
de Diane Steinbrecher e Shannon Pernetti
Sobre o livro
This important book is a deep exploration of the relevance and workings of archetypes in our lives and our work as it leads us along an archetypal developmental map to our authentic, natural self; to integrating our innate value, worth, and true authority; and to attaining our “Treasure Within."
Seasoned therapists Diane Steinbrecher and Shannon Pernetti offer this well-written, carefully structured, creatively illustrated guide as a “treasure” map to the unfolding of our infinite potential. With The Treasure Within, they build on the work of giants in the fields of psychology and psychotherapy such as Carl Jung, Erich Neumann, and Michael Conforti, and they add to the growing understanding of archetypal dynamics at play in the world. For example, they use Erich Neumann’s Archetypal Developmental Theory of consciousness and the application of Archetypal Pattern Analysis to light the way for exploring our archetypal alignments and the patterns they have created in our life—and they show us how to shift those alignments and patterns into a new, more generative way of being. Specifically, re-integrating the aspects of self left behind during our early life allows a shift that can lead into the later stages of adult development, bringing forth our rich potential and “Gaining the Treasure” of our soul, its many gifts and true purpose in life.
Organized into five main parts, The Treasure Within:
- Begins with the foundational theories of Archetypal Pattern Analysis: archetypes, archetypal alignments, field theory, and patterns.
- Delves into Erich Neumann’s Archetypal Developmental Theory of the unconscious and features examples of how this applies to our life and work through integrating unconscious patterns.
- Explores different aspects of unconscious communication including dreams, images, narrative stories, and synchronicities along with how the wisdom of the body expresses our belief systems and patterns and can present through disease processes.
- Highlights the specific capacities and perspectives of each developmental stage of both researched adult development and Neumann’s archetypal development map of the unconscious.
- Synthesizes the many contributions to Archetypal Pattern Analysis by various domains of knowledge such as somatic work, the New Sciences (complexity theory, systems theory, chaos theory, and self-organizing systems), patterns in nature, neurobiology and epigenetics, and the world’s spiritual wisdom traditions.
- And closes with two appendices—one focused on mindfulness and mindful awarenss, supportive practices for the later stages of development, and one geared specificially toward therapists.
Clinicians as well as interested laypersons will come away from reading this rare book with insights into how to attain and richly experience the Treasure of Life and how to express the numerous gifts we each have to contribute to humanity.