The Interpersonal Communication Playbook (eBook)
de Teri Susan Kwal Gamble e Michael W. Gamble
Sobre o livro
Practical skills for developing successful relationships—both face-to-face and online
Written in a conversational style and presented in an innovative handbook format,The Interpersonal Communication Playbookempowers you to take an active role in the development of your communication skills. Best-selling authors Teri Kwal Gamble and Michael Gamble provide you with abundant opportunities to make personal observations, analyze personal experiences, and assess personal growth across interpersonal contexts. Offering an array of communication settings for you to practice your skills, this text makes it easy for you to see how relevant theory can be applied to develop and maintain healthy relationships with family, friends, romantic partners, and coworkers.
- Insightful, relatable examples and real-world scenarios engage you and encourage you to critically reflect on your own communication dynamics.
- “Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapteroutline key objectives and help you master important concepts and prepare for exams.
- Opening vignettes introduce the relevance of chapter content through a contemporary example of communication in action, exemplifying chapter themes with engaging and relevant stories.
- “What Do You Know?” features promotes self-assessment of knowledge and encourages you to address any misconceptions you discover.
- “Try This” boxes promote active learning and provide you with opportunities to put your skills into practice.
- “Reflect On This” boxes connect theory with practice—bringing key concepts and ideas to life.
- “Analyze This” boxes encourage you to apply critical thinking to examples of interpersonal encounters from literature and popular culture.
- “Connect the Case” features includes chapter-ending cases designed to help you assess interpersonal communication outcomes to help solidify and further develop the skills learned.