Sobre o livro
Assessment in primary schools is changing. The new primary National Curriculum and the 'removal' of levels have prompted schools and teachers to re-consider assessment. This is a comprehensive guide to assessment for all primary trainees. It explores the theory behind assessment and encourages the reader to constantly reflect on the current state of assessment and how effective assessment can improve teaching and learning.
It will help trainee or beginning teachers to understand the why, what and how of primary assessment by:
- exploring the past, present and changing contexts of assessment and the theory behind the different types
- examining assessment of different curriculum subjects, focusing on English, mathematics and computing
- covering assessment in classroom - presenting ideas and strategies to help make assessment part of all lessons
- looking at assessing children with SEND and assessment at school level
- providing advice on the use of questioning and talk in the classroom