My Guru Calls Me Momma (eBook)
Learning About Life From The Dotty Lama
de Jill Pepper Montz
Sobre o livro
See, Mom? You aren’t a bad parent, you’re just a regular parent and I’m a regular kid.
My therapist will be thrilled to hear it.
In this poignant and hilarious memoir, Jill Pepper Montz – thoughtful Christian, second-generation pecan grower, and doting momma – talks honestly about the ups and downs of life as a divorced parent, and the lessons she learns daily from her sharp-witted, perfectionist, fashionista daughter, Dot.
- Bacon is best when cooked
- Never be so afraid of getting hurt that you give up on trying
- “Normal” is what you make it
- Some of the best teaching moments occur when you’re not expecting them
- You don’t have to be perfect to be beautiful or loved
- Sometimes functionally dysfunctional is all you can ask for
With chapters such asMemories – Not Kodak, But All Mine (how to stop planning a Disney vacation and actuallyenjoy it),Loving You When You’re Hard to Love(spoiler: God and mom will always have your back), andRandom and Repeat (why acceptance is often a better response than judgment),My Guru Calls Me Momma is a compassionate, insightful guide to finding love, gratitude, understanding, and humor in even the darkest moments.