How Schools Thrive (eBook)
Building A Coaching Culture For Collaborative Teams In Plcs At Work® (Effective Coaching Strategies For Plcs At Work®)
de Susan K. Sparks, Tesha Ferriby Thomas, Michael J. Maffoni e Thomas W. Many
Sobre o livro
Strengthen your professional learning community (PLC) by building a highly effective coaching culture for collaborative teams. A companion toAmplify Your Impact, this resource drills deeper into the more complex aspects of PLC at Work®. Instructional coaches and leaders will acquire new insights and strategies for improving their teams professional practice around the essential elements of the PLC process, including continuous improvement, collective inquiry, action orientation, and a focus on results.
Gain effective coaching strategies for implementing the PLC at Work framework in your school or district:
- Review essential elements of effective PLCs and how these essential elements influence the instructional coaching of collaborative teams.
- Study the Strategy Implementation Guide (SIG) and Pathways for Coaching Collaborative Teams tools and how to use them in the coaching of collaborative teams.
- Acquire new insights, confront new questions, and explore new approaches that promote higher levels of student learning and effective professional learning communities for teachers.
- Discover numerous strategies to use during the effective group coaching of collaborative teams at every stage of learning to meet adaptive challenges.
- Learn the benefits of "drilling deeper" into the PLC process, as well as viewing the teacher as a reflective practitioner.
Foreword by Robert Eaker
Part I: Making a Commitment to Coaching Teams
Chapter 1: Creating Habits of Professional Practice
Chapter 2: Identifying How the Essential Elements of a PLC Thrive in a Coaching Culture
Part II: Understanding Essential Elements of Highly Effective Teams in a PLC
Chapter 3: Learning Together--The Power of Collective Inquiry
Chapter 4: Staying Restless--The Impact of Continuous Improvement
Chapter 5: Being Urgent--The Value of an Action Orientation
Chapter 6: Getting Better--The Significance of a Focus on Results
Part III: Coaching Collaborative Teams in PLCs at Work
Chapter 7: Coaching for Assessing a Team's Current Reality
Chapter 8: Believing in Your Team--Coaching Collective Efficacy
Chapter 9: Creating an Action Plan for Coaching Collaborative Teams
Appendix A: Stages of Learning and Essential Elements of a Highly Effective PLC
Appendix B: Action Planning Template
Appendix C: Communicating the Roll-Out Plan
References and Resources