Fighting The Ocd Monster (eBook)
A Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Workbook For Treatment Of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder In Children And Adolescents
Sobre o livro
This workbook incorporates the best and most effective Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) techniques and tips for the treatment of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) especially in children and young adults. Research indicates that CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) works best in treating OCD. This workbook describes a CBT programme for children and young adolescents (of ages 7 to 18) who have OCD. It is best suited for those who have been diagnosed with OCD, and are intending to commence treatment with a CBT Therapist. While OCD can be a daunting and debilitating condition, help is available and a life without OCD is possible. This book was designed to be a one-stop book for families, patients and therapists battling OCD monsters.
- About the Author
- Note for Young People and Families with OCD
- Understanding OCD?
- The OCD and Anxiety Relationship
- Getting RID of OCD — Strategies and Plans
- Continuing the Battle Against OCD
- Road Blocks in ERP — How to Work Around Them?
- Managing OCD Thoughts in Fighting OCD
- Relapse Prevention
Readership: It is a one-stop information book on fighting OCD for young persons and their caregivers. It is suitable for both young children and yet still engaging for adolescents and adults alike. It also has notes for therapists to help patients and families fight OCD.
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder;OCD;Self-Help;Workbook;Cognitive Behaviour Therapy;CBT;Anxiety;Workbook;Psychology;CBT Manual;Treatment Manual;Psychological Help;OCD in Children;Adolescents;Therapy Book0Key Features:
- Written in a simple language with heart-warming illustrations suitable for young children and yet still engaging for adolescents and adults alike
- It's a three-in-one book: treatment manual and self help book for children and adolescents with OCD; their families and therapists/practitioners
- Contains strategies to address common roadblocks or complications that can arise in treatment of OCD in children and adolescents
- Contains therapy notes to guide each session and worksheets that can be used in therapy sessions