Essential Rainwater Harvesting (eBook)
A Guide To Home-Scale System Design
de Michelle Avis e Rob Avis
Sobre o livro
Design a rainwater harvesting system for any home in any climate.
Water is a crucial resource increasingly under stress. Yet rainfall,even in arid climates, can make up a sizable portion of any home,acreage, or farms water requirements if harvested and utilized withcare. The key is appropriate planning and high-quality site- andclimate-specific design.
Essential Rainwater Harvestingis a comprehensive manual for designing, building, and maintaining waterharvesting systems for the warm and cold climates of the world.Presenting design considerations and approaches for the most commonhousehold rainwater supply scenarios primary, supplemental, andoff-grid supply this step-by-step approach covers:
- Considerations for full-property water security
- Demand planning and conservation strategies
- Supply calculations and design implications for extreme rainfall and drought
- Materials selection and water quality
- System and site assessment
- Sizing and design of gutters, conveyance, tanks, and pumps
- Pre-filtration, filtration, and disinfection options
- System maintenance and upkeep
Rob Avis, P.Eng and Michelle Avis,P.Eng own and operate Adaptive Habitat, a leading edge property designfirm for resilient homes, acreages, and farms and Verge Permaculture, aglobally recognized award-winning education business. They have over 20years of combined experience in project management, ecological design,and sustainable technologies, which they share at vergepermaculture.cafrom their suburban house and yard that theyve transformed into a modelof cold climate urban permaculture in Calgary, Alberta.