Kickstart your middle school math class!
Kickstart your class with 20 different routines, all of which include content examples, extensions, and variations for grades 6–8. Offering a year’s worth of daily instructional material that you can use each class period to promote student reasoning and number sense, this resource will help students
- Frequently revisit essential mathematical concepts
- Foster and shore up conceptual understanding
- Engage in mental mathematics, leading to efficiency and fluency
- Engage in mathematical discourse by constructing viable arguments and critiquing the reasoning of others
- Reason mathematically, which can improve performance on high-stakes assessments
- Move learning beyond “correctness” by valuing mistakes and discourse to encourage a growth mindset